Dust and dirt are common problems with vinyl playback as the stylus tries to navigate through the grooves coming across debris causing undesired noise and potential groove and stylus damage.
The VC-S by Pro-Ject is the most effective and efficient way of keeping your records clean without breaking the bank. Designed to penetrate deep dirt within your records, the VC-S uses a double strategy of cleaning fluid to loosen the dirt along with a dual brush and vacuum combo to remove the dirt and dry the record simultaneously.
The included record clamp keeps the record label dry while holding the record in place during the cleaning process and easily screws on and off for quick record change over.
The VC-S Package includes the VC-S System, Record Clamp, Goat-Hair Brush and Wash-IT fluid.
- Superfast & effective record cleaner
- Dries your records as it cleans
- Completely clean and dry record in 1 or 2 rotations
- Cleaning fluid includes anti-static remedy
- Included waterproof clamp to protect record label
- Optional lid available
|Power Consumption: ||800W Max. |
|Dimensions (W x H x D): |
|435 x 335 x 280mm |
|Weight: ||10.5kg |
: How can I adjust the height of the record clamp?A
: VC-S comes perfectly pre-adjusted. In the case the vacuum suction arm is not totally parallel and therefore not able to capture all the cleaning fluid from the disk. In this case it can be useful to adapt the height of the clamp. You will need a Phillips screwdriver (to unscrew the clamp) and a 2.5mm hexagon key (to loosen the motor spindle):
- Disassemble the clamp by screwing out the Phillips screw from the motor flange
- Insert the 2.5mm hexagon key into the hole on the side of motor flange
- Loosen the hexagon screw, until the flange can be moved up or down as intended
- When the correct height position is found, tighten the hexagon screw and mount the clamp!
From S/N 16F0003587 and including (16F0002625-16F0002666), (16F0002822-16F0002879), (16F001335-16F001434), (16F0002667-16F0002766):
- The VC-S produces a high sound pressure level (SPL) when in use so it is advised to take care over long periods of usage.
- Because of the VC-S level of power consumption when in use it is advised to plug in away from any hi-fi equipment.
From S/N 16F0003586 and lower:
- VC-S contains new alcohol free Wash-IT.
- Clamp with full surface area self adhesive sealing.
- Wash-IT is optimised for cleaning standard vinyl records and is NOT usable for 78 rpm shellacs. For shellacs we offer the optional Wash-IT 78.
- The Wash-IT cleaning solution contains Isopropyl Alcohol. Isopropyl Alcohol – sometimes called rubbing alcohol – is termed as “Hazardous household waste” (like many other cleaners) and should be disposed of at your local Waste Recycling Centre.