9CC Evolution Tonearm
Pro-Ject's 9" precision tone arm with carbon-fibre armtube is efficiently designed to lead parasitic vibrations away from the cartridge into the mounting board which guarantees the precise tracking of the record grooves by the needle and also facilitates fine adjustment of vertical and horizontal tracing.
Now available in new fitting for Linn turntables (5-pin termination).
- The headshell and armtube are fashioned from a single piece of carbon-fibre
- Conical armtube avoids standing wave reflections
- inverted bearing design with four ABEC7 spec ballraces
- Arm bearing housing of solid ring type. The massive outside ring is open to avoid resonance
- Sorbothane damped counterweight effectively counteracts unwanted resonances
- Counterweight shaft lowered to record level reduces cantilever forces and dynamic wow when playing warped records
- solid armbase permits accurate height adjustment of armtube and VTA (vertical tracking angle)
- Single Screw fixing of armtube allows rotation for easy adjustment of needle azimuth despite fixed headshell
- Straight armtube reduces toe-in error
- Silicone damped armlift can be adjusted to suit arm height
- The internal wiring consists of flexible high purity copper from the headshell right through to the gold plated phono sockets
- Available with 5-pole standard socket, flying lead or terminal with phono sockets and earth screws
Please Note: This item is just the tonearm, not a turntable.
|Headshell: ||0.5" (12.7mm) Standard |
|Mounting Distance: ||212mm |
|Supplied Counterweight: ||For Cartridges Weighing Between... |
5-7g, 5g, 7-10g, 9-11g and 10-14g
|Downforce Range: ||10 - 35mN |
|Effective Length: ||9" (230mm) |
|Effective Mass: ||8g |
|Overhang: ||18mm |
|Weight: ||265g (Without Counterweight) |
Fitting to non-Pro-Ject turntables:
If you wish to use the tonearm on a Linn turntable, you must purchase the arm with Pro-Ject's 5-Pole Plug
terminated at the tonearm base. Pro-Ject then also make a range of turntable interconnects
that can go from this plug to your phono-stage/amplifier. For more information, please contact our office
Fitting to Pro-Ject turntables:
If you wish to upgrade your compatible Pro-Ject turntable with an upgrade Tonearm, you will need the loose flying-lead
version. These cables will need to be terminated in the junction box on the underside of your record player; this is a service Henley can offer. If you're interested, please get in touch.